Remaining Practice Group Professionals 2023 Roundtable Meeting Dates
- September 13: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm ET: Zoom
- November 8 – 9: Noon – Day 1 (12 – 5 pm ET) & Day 2 (9 am – 1 pm ET): Hybrid – Washington, DC | Reception after Day 1
Practice Group Professionals Roundtable Member Portal
Practice Group Professionals Roundtable Overview
Our Practice Group Professionals Roundtable is designed to provide individuals who work closely with department heads, practice group leaders, and other law firm partners in practice management positions with a forum for energetic and strategic discussion. It is the only organization for the new and growing roles in practice management and business managers for law firm departments and practice groups. All discussions are confidential to the Roundtable members.
The goal of the Roundtable is to bring together individuals in similar roles to share ideas and experiences in their positions, participate in interactive presentations led by guest speakers, and discuss the “best practices” their firms are implementing. Topics addressed during our meetings have included:
The goal of the Roundtable is to bring together individuals in similar roles to share ideas and experiences in their positions, participate in interactive presentations led by guest speakers, and discuss the “best practices” their firms are implementing. The Roundtable now meets three times a year in-person and occasionally by conference call or web conference. Topics addressed during our meetings have included:
- Project management & process improvement.
- Alternative fees.
- Creating and implementing effective business plans.
- Enhancing lateral hire recruitment and retention – from techniques in due diligence to assessment tools for hiring to the integration processes.
- How to measure practice management success (use metrics to benchmark performance in profitability, client satisfaction, market share, and more).
- The relationship between practice management and knowledge management and marketing.
- Techniques for improving client relationship management.
- The client’s perspective – the corporate law department’s view on using outside counsel.
- Understanding lawyer personality traits and their impact on practice group leadership.
- How to enhance your leadership effectiveness within your team of practice management professionals in your firm.
- Tools and templates used by firms for practice group management.
2023 Roundtable Member Benefits – Click here to download a copy.
New benefits for 2023: We have committed to giving you even more.
- Two hybrid meetings: We will hold two in-person/hybrid meetings (March – New York and November – DC) with cocktail receptions. For the in-person meetings, Tier 1 members can have up to 2 people attend in-person or virtually, and Tier 2 members can have up to 5 people attend in-person and unlimited virtual attendees.
- Three virtual meetings: We have added these additional sessions without the cost of travel. For virtual meetings, Tier 1 members can have up to 2 people attend, and Tier 2 members can have unlimited attendees.
- One Veterans Meeting: will be offered at no additional cost before the first day of the hybrid meeting in the fall
- One Bootcamp: will be offered at no additional cost before the first day of the hybrid meeting in the spring
- Access to prior meetings recordings and documents in the member portal
- Access to the LinkedIn PGP Roundtable group
- 20-percent discount on all open programs offered by LawVision and Positive Pricing (including single enrollment in the online LPM courses)
All meetings will be designed to include facilitated conversations based on topics suggested by the members. The sessions will focus on topics of specific interest to the group. The in-person meetings will include a professional development segment to be presented by a well-known authority on relevant topics for the members’ roles. Time will also be built for roundtable sharing among members on issues of specific interest to the members. The in-person meeting schedule will run from noon one day through lunch the second day, enabling many people to fly in and out in two days.
Please get in touch with Susan Lambreth (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Eva Booth (email@example.com) for information on membership fees. The membership fee will be billed upon acceptance of membership and thereafter annually in December of each year. Membership also includes all meals at the live meetings (breakfast and lunch).
Roundtable Founder / Facilitator
To Sign Up